Terms and conditions
Welcome to The TFF Digital Labs, a free web platform facilitating challenges and programs, and a next-gen food and agriculture community that fosters collaboration, networking, and innovation in the agri-food industry.
We aspire to do the right, ethical and legal requirements in bringing you the services of this platform, and we ask that you use the same judgment as you read, use, and share the content hosted on the TFF Digital Labs. When utilizing TFF Digital Labs content, we ask that you give credit where appropriate and don't edit our content – or content that belongs to others without permission. If we've made an error, please let us know. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MODIFICATION OF TOU: TFF reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the TOU at any time and in its discretion. If TFF changes or modifies this TOU, TFF will post the changes to this TOU on the Platform and will indicate at the top of this page the date this TOU was last revised. We may also choose to notify you of any material changes or modifications to the TOU through your email address that you have used to register on the Platform. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions to the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform following the posting of changes or modifications will constitute and confirm your agreement to and acceptance of such changes or modifications. It is your responsibility to regularly check this Platform to determine if there have been changes to this TOU and to review such changes. If you do not agree to the amended TOU, please discontinue using the Platform. Because our services are evolving over time, we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
- ELIGIBILITY: Children (persons under the age of 13) are not eligible to use the Platform in any way. You may use the Platform only if you are over 18 years of age, an emancipated minor, or if you possess legal parental or guardian consent, are fully capable of forming a binding contract with TFF, and are not barred from using the Platform under applicable law. If you are between the ages of 14 and 18, you may only use the Platform in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians. Users may not submit any information about or identifying children in any way, and TFF has the right to discontinue access to the Platform in the event a user does so. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use the Platform. If TFF learns that you are under 13 and your personally identifiable information has been collected, then we will delete your account and all personal information associated with it.
- USER CONTRIBUTIONS: Upon registering on the Platform, you may enter a challenge or competition on the Platform (a “Challenge”), participate in a program (an “Pogram”), or join or create an event on TFF Digital Labs Upcoming Events (an “Event”). These and other features of the Site permit you to upload or otherwise submit, your own content, research, idea, pitch, or comments (your “Contribution(s)”). Your Contributions to TFF on the Platform are entirely voluntary, non-confidential and gratuitous. You grant to TFF and any Organizers (as defined below), Challenge Sponsors or Pogram Sponsors (“Partners” or “Sponsors”), and to other Users an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive fully-paid up and royalty-free worldwide license to use any ideas, expression of ideas, Contributions or other materials you submit on this Platform without restrictions of any kind and without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party.
The license shall include, without limitation, the irrevocable right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, combine with other works, alter, translate, distribute copies, display, perform, license the Contribution or parts thereof, and all rights therein, in the name of TFF, or its Partners, throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media now or hereafter known.
You represent and warrant that you are the owner of all Contributions and have all legal right and authority to grant TFF and its Partners the license and rights set forth herein. All necessary licenses, permissions, releases and consents required (including without limitation, privacy releases and/or publicity releases necessary for Contributions depicting people, products, businesses, or other content) have been obtained for you to grant the licenses contained herein.
Your Contribution represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose your Contribution to TFF and Partners and in doing so TFF’s or Partners’ review and/or use of your Contribution, will not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon any other individual’s or entity’s rights.
You understand that disclosure of your Contribution to TFF or a Challenge Sponsor does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate TFF or a Partner to treat your Contribution (or any related content) as secret or confidential.
You understand that TFF or a Partner has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your Contribution. You understand that TFF and its Partners assume no obligation with respect to any Contribution.
You acknowledge that TFF or a Partner, directly or indirectly, may be working on the same Contribution or a similar Contribution to your Contribution, or already know of such Contribution from other sources. You also understand that other Users may be working on the same or a similar Contribution.
You agree that (except to the extent that these terms are superseded by a separate agreement in writing by you and TFF or a Partner) you hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge TFF and its Partners from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against TFF and a Partner and their affiliates and subsidiaries or their respective successors and assigns with respect to your Contribution, including without limitation in respect of how TFF or a Challenge Sponsor directly or indirectly use your Contribution.
In operating the Platform, TFF may act as a “services provider” as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and offer services as an online provider of materials and links to third-party websites. TFF’s procedures with respect to the DMCA Procedure and alleged copyright infringement can be reviewed below and you agree to comply with TFF’s requirements with this respect.
If you are viewing the Platform on a public computer or are otherwise using a computer to which multiple people have potential access, you agree to follow good practice and ensure that you are sufficiently disconnected and logged off this Platform and the computer system you are using to prevent unauthorized Contributions.
You agree that TFF and its Partners shall not be responsible for any fees that are or become payable as a result of the copying, distribution or display of the Contributions, including without limitation fees: (i) for any images or video recording embodied in the Contributions; (ii) for any composition or underlying works embodied in any Contributions; or (iii) to any actor, model, writer, creator, composer, artist or artist affiliated entity. TFF retains the right to review, edit or delete from the Platform any Contribution that TFF, in its sole discretion or in consultation with a Partner, as necessary, considers illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate. You acknowledge and declare that you have read and fully understand this TOU and appreciate the nature, extent and consequences of this TOU, and the submission of your Contribution(s) on the Platform is entirely voluntary.
- CHALLENGES AND PROGRAMS: Challenges and Programs on the Platforms will be set, moderated, administered and managed by TFF together with other identified organizations acting as a sponsors of the Challenge or Programs (the “Challenge Sponsor” or “Program Sponsor” respectively) as well as certain Organizers. The Challenge Sponsors or Program Sponsors are often identified on the Platform as “sponsor” together with their names and logos. Challenges are further governed by separate challenge conditions (the “Challenge Terms and Conditions”) which, in the event of conflict, shall have precedence over these Terms & Conditions. Unless explicitly stated in the Challenge Terms and Conditions or in any Programs related guidelines.
- COMMUNITY & EVENTS: The Community and Events interact with and engage around numerous global food system challenges in over 175 countries worldwide.Community and Events on the Platform enable TFF Community members to connect with local and global communities, create, browse and attend events, access resources, share inspirations, ideas, and questions, and get help or help others in their pursuit of food systems transformation. TFF provides online access to events, events can be created by TFF, TFF Community Members and Partners and are managed by the TFF.
IF A USER APPLIES TO HOST AN EVENT ON THE PLATFORM, TFF HAS THE DISCRETION TO APPROVE OR REJECT THE USERS EVENT BASED ON OUR EVENT ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR EVENT ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA A USER MUST ADHERE TO, PLEASE REFER TO THIS PAGE.
If you have any questions about events, please contact TFF on email@example.com
TFF does not assess or guarantee the quality or safety of any events or activities organized by the Community and your decision to participate in any Event is entirely at your own risk.
- USE RESTRICTIONS: By using the Platform, you agree to the following: TFF may retain and use the personal information that you register on the Platform. Each User has a profile (“My Profile”) which is self managed. As part of your Profile, TFF can derive a profile of you (the “User Profile” or “Participant Profile”) based solely on your use of the Platform. Your user profile is derived from your Contributions to the Platform (profile information, reflections and final submissions).
You can access your user profile at all times on the Platform. Your Profile page i) is created upon registering on the Platform (first name, last name, email address, date of birth, country, domain expertise, occupation, and password), ii) can be edited, personalized and customized at will by you, and iii) includes external third party links including; Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Discord, Whatsapp, Email, Calendar Links, and any other URL. There is the functionality for users to access their reflections and other users reflections from each individual user profile if you choose to make this publicly available on the Platform - you have the option to opt out of having your reflection publicly available on your profile.
Your Contribution on this Platform is i) entirely voluntary, non-confidential and gratuitous; ii) visible to all other Users, and iii) retained and used by TFF for the purposes of the Platform. You place no restrictions on your Contributions and grant permission to TFF and its Partners to process and evaluate your Contribution(s) along with other Users for the purposes of the Challenge and their own evaluation purposes. You do not limit or in any way restrict TFF’s and Partners' right to reproduce and/or publish your Contribution(s). You will not receive any payment or reward for your Contribution. However, individual Challenges or Programs may have rewards for Participants which will be part of the Challenge Terms and Conditions or, if applicable, any Pogram Terms and Conditions. TFF may approach you to further pursue any Contribution or invite you to contribute to Challenges.
- NO USE OF TRADEMARKS: You acknowledge that your Contributions to the Platform are being provided to TFF. You agree that nothing in these Terms and Conditions grants you a right or license to use the terms Thought For Food, Thought For Food Foundation, TFF, or any Thought for Food, TFF, or Foundation trademark or service mark.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP: You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property required or currently used by you or your organization is legally owned or licensed to you or your organization. The operation of your business as currently conducted, including the design, development, use, publication, distribution and sale of any products or services, does not (1) infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property of any third party, (2) violate the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity, or (3) constitute an unfair competition or an unfair trade practice under any law.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY WARRANTIES: By submitting a Contribution to the Platform, you represent and warrant that your Contribution: 1) is your own original work; 2) does not contain material or images that is, in Foundation’s sole judgment, obscene, inappropriate, offensive, or defamatory; 3) does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity; any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited, 4) does not contain malicious code, such as malware, viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information; 5) does not and will not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and 6) does not trigger any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party.
- TERMINATION: We may terminate your access to and use of the Platform, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may request cancellation of your account at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Platform or your account, all provisions of this TOU which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Challenges and Programs on the Platform, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless TFF and its sponsors donors, respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, as well as each judge (collectively “Released Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising out of your participation in a Challenge or Pogram or inability to participate in a Challenge or Pogram. Released Entities are not responsible for any miscommunications such as technical failures related to computer, telephone, mobile device, cable, wireless, or unavailable network or server connections, related technical failures, or other failures related to hardware, software or virus, or incomplete, late or misdirected entries. Any compromise to the fair and proper conduct of Challenge and Programs may result in the disqualification, termination, or other remedial action, at the sole discretion of TFF. TFF and its agents shall have the right to remove any Contributions on the Platform at any time, if, in their sole discretion, an entry is determined to be obscene, offensive, inappropriate, or to infringe or violate the rights of any person or entity.
- LAW & JURISDICTION: You agree that all matters arising out of or relating to the Platform and these Terms and Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Delaware, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. You further agree that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Platform and these Terms and Conditions shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Wilmington, Delaware.
- CONTACT: If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact TFF at email@example.com